Dear Kennedy Parents and Student Athletes,
We are pleased to announce that registration for Spring Athletics will be done online! This will be a one stop shop for you to enter all of the information that is needed for your child to participate/tryout for a spring sport. Please see the following information to help you with the process of registering your child. The most important piece to this is that you have you myMCPS portal username and password! This information was sent out by MCPS. If you need your account information, please contact Ms. Fandey, our Media Specialist. Her contact information is Leyla_Fandey@mcpsmd.org or 240-740-0069 to get your account information.
- There have been slight changes to the forms from previous years that are reflected in the information within the online system, but the purpose of going online was to combine the Parent Permission Form, Medical Card, Transportation Form, Concussion Forms, ImPACT Baseline Testing Forms, and Football/Wrestling/Pole Vaulting forms into ONE process that is done online.
- Once you have the information listed on the back of this letter collected and you’ve reviewed the information required by MCPS, the entire process should take 15-20 minutes the first time. When registering for additional seasons, the process should take even less time because information will be pre-populated into these fields for you to review and if necessary update.
- If you start the process and cannot complete it or get interrupted, any information that you have already entered will save and be available the next time you sign-in.
- If you have entered information via the Parent Portal for the Emergency Card, that information should also pre-populate when you login. All you will have to do is review and update any of that information.
All information should be entered by Wednesday, February 28th in order to tryout on the March 1st. Please don’t hesitate to contact our office with any questions you may have!
John F. Kennedy HS
JOHN F. KENNEDY HIGH SCHOOL ONLINE ATHLETIC REGISTRATION CHEAT SHEET
How to Sign-Up for a Winter Sports Team
- Make sure that you have access to the Parent Portal.
- If you don’t have access, contact Ms. Leyla Fandey, Media Specialist, at Leyla_Fandey@mcpsmd.org or 240-740-0069 to get your account information.
- Be prepared:
- You will be asked to either verify or enter the following information, make sure that you have it available or have discussed these items:
- Contact Information for the student’s Parent/Guardian
- Contact Information for an Emergency Contact for the student
- Doctor’s name and phone number
- Dentist’s name and phone number
- Health Insurance Information (type and Company name)
- Hospital Preference
- Physical Form (if the student has recently completed a physical)
- Tetanus Shot Date
- Allergy and Medication Information
- Health Conditions and Treatment Information
- Traumatic Brain Injury Information (including dates of injuries and results)
- Make sure that you have reviewed information available on the MCPS Athletics Website, you will have to attest that you have read and understood the following documents that can all be found on the MCPS Athletics Webpages.
- Athletic Participation Information
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information Sheet
- Concussion Awareness Information Sheet
- Baseline Testing Parent Letter
- Transportation Information
- Athletic Participation Contract including Residency Verification
- Additional Information is included for Football, Wrestling, and Track and Field (Pole Vault)
- Login and complete the forms and registration process.